[olug] phpBB/Nuke problem solved

Terry Bradshaw angrypuppy at tconl.com
Sun Feb 1 02:50:30 UTC 2004

Apologies in advace if this shows up twice...I sent this from the wrong
account the first time.

By the way, if anyone is curious, I figured out why this all happened.

phpBB under Nuke does not cope well with deleted accounts... basically,
if a user sends a provate message to another user, and then the sender's
account is deleted, the queries quit working, probably because
referential integrity is broken at that point.

Both the bulletin board and PM's were tied to phpBB, thus the problems.
In the future, I will probably not delete accounts, just change the
passwords if I need to shut someone out.

Terry