[olug] Belkin KVM switch problems

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 18:23:23 UTC 2004

One thing you may notice is when you switch from one KVM position to
another and then back, the keyboard and mouse seem to stop working in
GUI.  The secret is to enter the CTRL+ALT+F2 (the only keys that
respond!) to switch back to a character based console, then ALT+F7 to
switch back to the GUI.  Keyboard and mouse will work normally.

But for 16 ports, that is a great deal of cable, i second the notion
of getting a IP based KVM.