[olug] wmv to something portable?

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 07:18:49 UTC 2004

I have always been amazed at the flexibility of VNC, however i have
not tried VNC for this purpose in years.

vnc2swf takes a VNC stream and converts it to a a very clear
Macromedia Flash movie as long as  the html indicates the original
resolution.  The downsides are that audio is not automagically
recorded, but it is possible; another is that vnc2swf may only run on
the linux/MacOS X side of the connection, but it can record MS
Windows.

http://www.unixuser.org/~euske/vnc2swf/