[olug] Apache Doesn't know PHP type

Mike Hostetler hostetlerm at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 21:00:21 UTC 2004

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:39:45 -0800 (PST), Sean Edwards
<cybersean3000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Please disregard if you did this.  Did you restart
> apache between your changes?
>
> apachectl restart or httpd restart?

Naturally I did. ;)  But it's a good question . . .

I did install PHP4 and that didn't help.

I'm learning more how Gentoo has their Apache2 configs setup.  I had
to add "-D PHP4" to my apache2 startup but that didn't seem to change
anything.  If the PHP4 directive is on, then Apache2  will read
modules.d/php.conf .  That file sets up all the mime types, etc.

Of course, it doesn't seem to work.

I'll keep plugging away at it.  Thanks for the help.
--
Mike Hostetler
http://www.binary.net/thehaas