[olug] Chronic Sound Issue

gregory w zill gregory at r3g.net
Wed Dec 15 14:40:40 UTC 2004

I was reacting to your post and getting no relief from the CLI options
provided. I then started messing with ALSA Mixer GUI. I discovered
glorious sound when I scrolled way right to the VXA DXS sliders and set
them at about .75 to get full sound -- at least the test.wav. I still am
not able to play cd-rom music. The cd-rom is mounted rather, odd, I think
at /media/cdrecorder and is an HP cd writer (cd52)...FWIW

+----------------- obligatory fortune-cookie ------------------+
If you don't go to other men's funerals they won't go to yours.
		-- Clarence Day