[olug] Internet Access

Cale Lewis dlazlo at fbx.com
Tue Dec 14 14:06:44 UTC 2004

Gee, I'm glad I don't have all those choices to stress me out!

Cable service stops 3/4 to 1 mile away

1 1/2 mile from wireless tower- hill in way (Any one know where I can get a
100 ft+ Ham radio antenna tower cheap?)

Qwest, after 3 months of flip-flopping, says I can't get DSL because there is
'fiber' somewhere along the way (while neighbor in new house 1/8th mile away
got it 2 months ago, convieniently coinciding with one of their 'flops' when
I went from being told
 "You are hooked into slots 7x and 7x and slots 2xand 2x are open and
capable. Someone should be out within a week and then they'll contact you to
setup your account" to
"I'm sorry, whoever you talked to was wrong. DSL is not availible to you yet
and I have no record of that order here."  This was concerning the
junctionbox sitting in my front yard and the service I began putting in
requests for close to 2 years ago. I hope he enjoys it! (looking for
wirecutters))

So I sit here enjoying the peace & quiet of the country, with a connection
Qwest can't seem to provide for me over 26k. Damn noisey neighbor and his
kids anyway!

Cale Lewis