[olug] mystifying cable modem problem

Eric Pierce eric_olug at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 30 22:09:21 UTC 2004

I tried hooking up everything directly:  my Linux box, my wife's Windows box
and the router.  Nothing grabs an IP address when either of *my* 2 modems are
in the mix.  But as I mentioned previously, both my father's and sister's modem
received an IP address.

I'll try your suggestion tonight to have them release access and reinstate it.

Terry, I've unplugged both modems a bajillion times to reset them (that's the
only way to do it on the Toshiba).  But to no avail.

Thanks,
Eric