[olug] mystifying cable modem problem

Terry td3201 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 15:19:58 UTC 2004

The motorola's have a web interface at http://192.168.100.1/

Can you get to this from your computer?  I want to say that they also
have a DHCP server built into them if their RF interface has not
aquired an ip address.  I have seen weird problems with an ethernet
card where you can statically set an ip address but cannot use DHCP.
I believe this was a driver related issue.  Doesn't really have
anything to do with your issue other than strange things can happen.
If you are really perplexed, pull out ethereal and sniff the network
and see if you are getting any ethernet responses from the modem at
all.