[olug] Am I Old( was Cox High Speed)

Terence Bradshaw angrypuppy at tconl.com
Sat Aug 28 03:44:16 UTC 2004

My first computer experience was in junior high, programming on Apple 2 Plus
and 2e machines... BASIC, of course.

In high school, I added UCSD Pascal, and about that time, my parents bought
our first computer... an Atari 800XL with a cassette tape drive... luckily
games were on cartidge... tape loads took forever... if they didn't fail
outright.  I ended up buying a disk drive for about $115 and a 1200 bps modem
(for I don't recall how much) out of my own meager bus boy pay a few years
later.

The funny thing is, in many ways, I knew more cool tricks on that computer
than on know on current ones.  I just don't do as much tinkering as I did
back then.

Terry