[olug] Am I Old( was Cox High Speed)

Christopher Cashell topher at zyp.org
Tue Aug 24 05:31:55 UTC 2004

At Mon, 23 Aug 04, Unidentified Flying Banana Rod Hurley, said:
> My first computer was a 3.66ghz Dual Xeon, with 250gb fiber drives in a
> RAID 10 array, SuperG wireless, bluetooth, biometric authentication, 4gb
> RAM, 50" Plasma screen, wireless keyboard, virtual glove instead of a
> mouse, and....oh wait.  That's my NEXT computer.  My first one was a
> TI-99.

Ahh. . . the wonderful TI-99[0] Personal Computer.  I can't begin to
imagine how many hours I spent on that thing.  It had some absolutely
wonderful games, including (among many) Hunt the Wumpus, Parsec,
Slimoids, Alpiner, and the greatest of all, Tunnels of Doom[1]!

And it had a speech synthesizer!

It was also my first experience with BASIC.

 [0] http://timeline.99er.net/
 [1] http://bellsouthpwp.net/e/d/edburns00/classic-gaming/tunnels/