[olug] Get 'em while they're young

Mike Hostetler hostetlerm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 16:41:24 UTC 2004

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 18:16:46 -0500, Cale Lewis <dlazlo at fbx.com> wrote:
> It must be rough growing up with all these computers and "miracle"
> machines. I seem to remember when having a pocket calculator was a very big
> thing!

I've helped with our Cadets group at church the past couple of years
(Cadets == church version of Boy Scouts).  The Computer badge
requirements are really lame -- take a quiz with questions like "What
does CPU stand for?" and "What's a floppy disk?".  The "ToDo" is to
use a DTP or a word processor to make a newsletter for the Cadet
Cadre.

No mention of that there InterWeb thingy.  But they now have a GPS
badge, so hope is coming.

My dream would be to setup a Linux lab at church and take the boys
through HTML and some basic PHP.  Ahh  . . . . but I can dream.
--
Mike Hostetler
thehaas at binary.net
http://www.binary.net/thehaas