[olug] Get 'em while they're young

Dietz, John D. dietz_j at alltel.net
Sun Aug 22 03:31:24 UTC 2004

Cale,

	When I was in Boy Scouts, I used the Computers merit badge to get my
Eagle Scout award.  I think I still have the book around here somewhere, but
it doesn't get too technical in terms of operating systems.  It was
incredibly general information when I did it.
	The Boy Scouts of America routinely reviews their merit badge books,
so it is possible that it has been updated with the last three years or so
(which is when I did it), but I think they are on a 5 year rotation with
updating their material.
	Perhaps the Girl Scouts are a different story regarding their
requirements.  I'd be more than happy to find the requirements and post them
if anyone is interested.

Regards,

John