[olug] Cisco Management tools for Linux

Jon H. Larsen relayer at levania.org
Thu Aug 19 14:46:28 UTC 2004

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Daniel Linder wrote:

> Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:32:22 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Daniel Linder <dan at linder.org>
> To: Omaha Linux User Group <olug at olug.org>
> Subject: Re: [olug] Cisco Management tools for Linux
>
> <quote who="Jon H. Larsen">
> > Does anyone have suggestions on what Cisco Router Management tools are
> > available for linux?
>
> <humor>
>   "telnet" or "ssh"? :)
> </humor>
>
> Can you elaborate on what you are looking for in those tools?  If you need
> network monitoring there is OpenNMS, Nagios, etc but those are not Cisco
> specific.
>
> The web configuraiton/managment interface that is on a lot of Cisco IOS
> devices is normally HTML and Java based so a Linux browser should be able
> to work with those.
>
> Dan

I am looking for suggestions on a GUI/curses frontend that can be used to
do management/configuration.  I can do monitoring with MRTG.

My Cisco 250x routers don't have web-based management.

Only telnet and console is available, so I do everything through the
console port.

Jon

--
Jon H. Larsen  - email: relayer (at) levania (dot) org
Omaha Linux Users Group - http://www.olug.org/