[olug] [OT] New Printer

Christopher Cashell topher at zyp.org
Fri Aug 13 14:18:00 UTC 2004

At Fri, 13 Aug 04, Unidentified Flying Banana Craig Wolf, said:
> Well, just my 2 cents but I love my Samsung ML-1740!  Rated well by PC
> World, inexpensive toner cartridges, and according to
> http://www.linuxprinting.org/printer_list.cgi?make=Samsung , works
> perfectly with Linux!  8)

I actually looked into that one, too. ;-)

At one point, I seriously considered it.  But then the prices started
dropping on the workgroup-level printers, and I started looking more
towards those.  They tend to get a little better toner-for-the-buck
(particularly the ML-2550), and I'm hoping that by getting a little
higher-end printer, I can get something that will last me a *long* time.

My goal is to not buy another printer for at least 6 years, and I'm
hoping I might be able to stretch it towards 8-9.  Each of these
printers is rated for many thousands of pages per month duty, so I
figure they should last me a good long time. ;-)

I'm glad to hear that you've had good luck with the ML-1740, though.
That gives me hope that their other products will be of similarly high
quality.

Thanks for the info!