[olug] Re: Millard Computer Fair

OBrien, Timothy (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) IrishMASMS at olug.org
Fri Apr 30 01:40:59 UTC 2004

<quote who="Christopher Cashell">
[snipped]
> That's a cool link, and has some good references, but it's not exactly
> what I'm looking for.
>
> I was thinking more along the lines of a page where people could say
> things like:
>
> Offered: Athlon 64 mobo
>   Hey, I've got an extra Athlon 64 motherboard, supports foo, and I'd be
>   willing to part with it for $20.
>
> or
>
> Wanted: 9GB+ UW SCSI HDD
>   If anyone has a U/W SCSI hard drive, 9GB or larger, that's collecting
>   dust, let me know.
>
> It should also, probably, include a posting date, and some sort of
> contact information (OLUG website username, at least).
>
> It should also preferably be something that could be easily updated by
> the person who posted it (so they could remove listings that are no
> longer applicable), and all listings should probably time out after,
> say, 90 days (if a listing is still valid after 90 days, the poster can
> just repost it) to reduce clutter.

Now that I am just about caught up with my email & read your other post to
the list about this I understand what you are looking for. We will have to
talk with the OLUG Sys Admin & Prez to get his thoughts. We will get back
to you on this...

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Publicity & Social activities chairperson