[olug] Re: Millard Computer Fair (was: SMB transfer speeds)

OBrien, Timothy (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) IrishMASMS at olug.org
Tue Apr 27 23:33:53 UTC 2004

<quote who="William Langford">
[snipped]

> Has the Millard Computer Fair been interesting at all over the last 3-6
> months ? I've not been due to it's extreme lack of variety.  Not to
> mention the lack of interesting items.
[snipped]

Any PC fair or swap meet is hit or miss. I went to a few back east and
they had nothing compared to Millard. Sometimes I go to millard and there
is nothing, other times it is a gold mine. It all depends on which vendors
show up & what they have to bring. Some vendors stopped showing up because
not enough people were coming through the door - did not matter that some
did not purchase anything, but the appearance of many people attending the
fair made the vendors feel 'warm & fuzzy'.

When are you showing up at the Fair? Sometimes the 'best' stuff is gone
shortly after opening.

You looking for anything specific?

[full disclosure: sometimes I get a table at the Millard Computer Fair to
sell my extra stuff, and do what I can to promote this unique resource;
but I do not benefit in any way from the vendors that run & operate
Millard Computer Fair.]

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Publicity & Social activities chairperson