[olug] SMB transfer speeds

Vincent.Raffensberger at dtn.com Vincent.Raffensberger at dtn.com
Tue Apr 27 20:35:28 UTC 2004

The kernel ring buffer is of a limited size.  Old boot messages will
disappear from it rather quickly if ipchains/tables are logging messages.
None of the tools mentioned here are distro specific.  They also allow you
to make changes w/o rebooting to test configurations.  That's what they
are for.

Silly people indeed.

William Langford <unfie at cox.net>
Sent by: olug-bounces at olug.org
04/27/2004 02:45 PM
Please respond to
Omaha Linux User Group <olug at olug.org>

Omaha Linux User Group <olug at olug.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [olug] SMB transfer speeds

Why depend on some tools when ya can just read your boot up messages ?
Why post distrobution specific stuff ?

Just do a `dmesg`, or a `dmesg | grep eth` or something to see what it's
configuring as.  Silly people afraid of the shadows.

-will

PS

Has the Millard Computer Fair been interesting at all over the last 3-6
months ? I've not been due to it's extreme lack of variety.  Not to
mention the lack of interesting items.