[olug] Saturday Morning! Computers4Africa Packing Day

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Sat Apr 24 02:02:51 UTC 2004

OK everyone -- emergency last-minute-need-volunteers-email:

I just contacted Tim and Ruth Leacock from Computers4Africa.org to see how
things have been going, and they've been going good... so good in fact
that they have 300 computers to package up for shipment to Uganda tomorrow
morning from 9:00am - 1:00pm, and they could use 20+ more volunteers!!!

The majority of the work will be lifting and packing computer cases,
monitors, and printers into boxes, so strong able bodies are needed, as
well logistics and labeling support that will not be so physically
intensive.  I'm told there will be free pizza for lunch too!  So, here is
the details:

Meet at the Warehouse, 1919 N 11th Street (Clark intersection)
there should be a big "Computers For Africa" banner there
Show up for as much as you can between 9:00am - 1:00pm

Mapquest Location:	http://tinyurl.com/2azsb

Take Dodge/Douglas to downtown and 24th street north past the creighton
campus past cummings to Nicholas St.  Head East on Nicholas past the
Sienna Francis House to the end of the road (11th St) and take a left,
going North.  The warehouse should be on your right side about 4-5 blocks
North.

See you there!
Brian

--
Brian Wiese          "What we do in life, echoes in eternity."
bwiese(at)cotse.com  gpg: 0x46D4332E    keyserver: pgp.mit.org