[olug] crazy RAM prices

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Thu Apr 15 03:59:26 UTC 2004

There are a couple of reasons that the pricing is climbing,

The manufacturers have been cutting production of all types of memory to
increase pricing, and the demand for SDRAM has gone down in comparison to
DDR, but recently I've been told of power outages at a couple of the
plants that un-intentionally affected the volume, which has caused the
current spike in price. I've seen over $100 for 256mb SDRAM coming through
some channels, and as the dealers go through their stocks, I'd expect it
to rise some more.........