[olug] distro recomendation

William Langford unfie at cox.net
Fri Apr 2 23:55:43 UTC 2004

Charles Bird wrote:

>I have a 75Mhz PB with 131MB RAM, cheap sound card, and was wondering if any of u ppl know if it can play mp3s or not, and I was also wondering if anyone has a distro in mind that would work with it, I desire to have a very basic desktop and able to play mp3s. thats about it.
>Thx

If it's a Pentium 75mhz, it can play mp3's.

In reguards to which distro to use.. if your sound card is supported, a
kernel 2.0 based distro from a couple years back might be a good idea...
although with >128 mb of ram, you should have no issues with 2.2 or 2.4.

Again, if all you're doing is mp3's, a bsd, or an old linux distro would
do fine.

Slackware 3.x series comes to mind...