[olug] Senmail relaying

Trent Melcher tmelcher at trilogytel.com
Fri Apr 2 19:59:34 UTC 2004

What you can do is, first I assume you have an MX record out there that
points somedomain.com to your current mailserver.  You should have an
internal name server that you mailserver does his lookups on and  this one
will have an MX record for somedomain.com that actually points to the
mailserver you want to relay it too.  You will also need to add
somedomain.com to the /etc/mail/relay-domains file of the relaying
mailserver.

If you need more detail, or if I havent explained it clear enough let me
know.  I use this setup, I have 10 domains inside my firewall,  I have a
central mailserver that all email for all 10 domains go to first to get
scanned for SPAM/viruses,  then this mailserver relays the mail based on the
domain to the correct mailserver.

Trent