[olug] SSH on an NT 4 box with Nutcracker

OBrien, Timothy (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) IrishMASMS at olug.org
Fri Apr 2 01:13:31 UTC 2004

The new Sun boxen are installed in our rack, with the Sun Engineer coming
out next week to finish configuring Solaris. Next is coordinating with the
vendor to install the application and migrate our Oracle database from our
old Dell NT 4 server running Nutcracker (emulates the Unix environment on
NT).

I am sure the vendor is going to try and just  Telnet into the boxes,
transfer the database in the open, etc - well over my dead body! =)

>From my reading, SSH seems to be pretty straightforward on Solaris . I am
not having much luck with finding a good open source SSH for NT4 server,
nor can I find if Nutcracker provides SSH already.

Any suggestions?

Any pitfalls I should worry about?

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Publicity & Social activities chairperson