[olug] Redhat: /dev/ttyS0 is not serial port 1?

Scott Evans munkey1979 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 30 18:49:31 UTC 2003

When I use minicom to access my Cisco 4000 series
router, my settings are as follows for the serial
setting

Serial device :  /dev/ttyS0
Bps/par/Bits  :  9600 8N1
Hardware flow control : no
Software flow control : no

But I run RH 8.0 on my laptop.  I dont think there
would be a big difference between RH 8 and 9

What kind of device are you trying to connect to??