[olug] Server

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Tue Sep 30 00:29:46 UTC 2003

The RH Enterprise is not a Requirement, unless you want/need someone to
call/blame for problems, or you have a Business/Political Requirement for
Support services.

Linux=Linux=Linux, you should pick your distro based on your preferences
and how you need to update.

RH with Apt-RPM works for most situations. You can install in a short
period of time, and maintain the system with a few commands.

RH Enterprise works for those requiring a support agreement. Using Up2Date
to install/update the system.

Gentoo is also a good choice, since only the packages that you specify
will be installed.

Upgrading a system because RH puts out another release doesnt make sense.
Neither does running on a distro that based on old software sources.

The newest distro that you need is the one that has all of the features
and HW support that you require.

You could install a RH system, add Apt-RPM(Debian tools) and then add
portage(Gentoo) or just RollYourOwn Linux.

Humans should have the Ability to Learn.......If not, they should use
WinAol (You've got mail!), watch MSNBC, and sue McDonalds for making them
OverWeight......