[olug] mod_ssl: http on 80 and https on 443? - httpd.conf

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Sun Sep 28 07:11:47 UTC 2003

If anyone has the desire to, please look over my httpd.conf file and see
if theres anything obviously wrong... getting the server to listen on 80
for HTTP and 443 at the same time for HTTPS seems to be the problem.

http://www.brianwiese.net/files/http/

|-----------------------------------

|------------------------------------
|in the ssl-error-log
|[28/Sep/2003 01:48:19 12791] [error] SSL handshake failed: HTTP spoken on
|HTTPS port; trying to send HTML error page (OpenSSL library error
|follows)[28/Sep/2003 01:48:19 12791] [error] OpenSSL: error:1407609C:SSL
|routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:http request [Hint: speaking HTTP to
|HTTPS port!?][28/Sep/2003 01:48:19 12792] [error] SSL handshake failed:
|HTTP spoken on HTTPS port; trying to send HTML error page (OpenSSL
|library error follows)[28/Sep/2003 01:48:19 12792] [error] OpenSSL:
|error:1407609C:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:http request [Hint:
|speaking HTTP to HTTPS port!?]
|
|I have "Port 80" in my global config, and in my <ifmodule mod_ssl.c>
|"Listen 80"
|"Listen 443"

|This is the only way I've been able to show apache listening on both by
|doing a netstat -lt, unfortunately only 1 port is working.  "Listen"
|statements are not allowed within virtual host directives...  any
|suggestions?
|
|Just to be complete, I can send the httpd.conf file as well (wont get
|through the mailing list though).
|
|Brian

 Brian Wiese | bwiese(at)cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru