[olug] wireless cards - anything but Orinoco

neal rauhauser neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Sat Sep 27 12:29:53 UTC 2003

    You can use Orinoco but if you want an external antenna they have
this flimsy connector which you can look at hard twice before it
disintegrates. You're also limited to 30mw.

    http://demarctech.com has +21 - +23dBm Prism 2.5 chipset cards with
MCX connectors for $160 or so last time I looked. These are 125 - 200mw
cards and they have the same tough connector found on Aironet cards.
I've drug one Aironet pigtail all over the country for the last eighteen
months and it still works fine ... can't say the same for the Lucent
stuff, which lasts maybe two weeks if you're very gentle with it.