nother problem.. Re: [olug] Config Wireless Card under Knoppix?

Jeff Hinrichs jlh at cox.net
Sat Sep 27 14:15:22 UTC 2003

> A guy that I work with has Knoppix on his laptop as
> well.  He uses a Linksys card.
Careful, the linksys v4 cards use a different chip set than the v3.  I
couldn't get the drivers for the v4 to work under RH9 so I put the v3 card
in the linux laptop and put the v4 card in a laptop with win98.  I must say,
the v4 card's range is much worse than the v3 cards.

As an aside, Knoppix sees and configures the v3 linksys card just fine.

I am thinking about getting a Proxim orinoco card.  Anyone use Proxim?
comments?

-Jeff

---