[olug] BAMP vs LAMP

Jeff Hinrichs jlh at cox.net
Wed Sep 24 04:01:15 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jay Hannah" <jay at jays.net>
To: "Omaha Linux User Group" <olug at olug.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 10:05 PM
Subject: Re: [olug] BAMP vs LAMP

> On Monday, September 22, 2003, at 10:16 PM, Jeff Hinrichs wrote:
>  > I'd just add Python on to the acronym BAMPP.
>
> PHP? Python? Folks, the P in LAMP is Perl. I will also accept LAMPPP as
> long as the first P is Perl. [LB]AMP{1,3}
I wondered if you would chime in<g>.  But seriously, I am interested in
BAMP^3.  any BSD'r out there want to recommend a variant and version that
would be good for a RH impaired user<g>.  I'm not looking for a workstation
distro but one for strictly server based stuff.  It's time I start expanding
my OS horizon's a bit.

-Jeff

---