[olug] SWAP

Christopher Cashell topher at zyp.org
Mon Sep 22 06:38:38 UTC 2003

At Sun, 21 Sep 03, Unidentified Flying Banana Brandon Lederer, said:
> Just curious, since I know 2 GB is the limit for swap.  Can I have more than
> one swap partition?

Yep, you can have quite a few, if you'd like.

I have one box with 7 swap partitions, and another with 3. ;-)

Just create the partition, set it up with 'mkswap', and then 'swapon' to
start using it.  You can also add it to /etc/fstab (in the exact same
style as your current swap partition) to have it automatically mounted
at boot.