[olug] Confused

CM Miller cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 21 14:41:06 UTC 2003

--- Tom <huber28 at cox.net> wrote:
> I thought I installed the gtk package.
> I tried to install the program again that required
> it and it said it was not
> there.
> I did the rpm -i and it said it was there
> I did the rpm -V to verify it and it said it was not
> there
> I did the rpm -e to remove it and it said it was not
> there
> so I tried the -i again and it said it was already
> installed.
> What am I doing wrong ??

What distro are you using, RH?

If so, use apt-get for RH to manage those packages.

Much easier to manage, and easier on your blood
pressure.

http://apt-rpm.tuxfamily.org/

-Chris

=====
"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley, CA.:  LSD and UNIX.

I don't believe this to be a coincidence"

-Unknown