[olug] too many NACKS -- noisy keyboard, KVM sequence

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Sat Sep 20 14:40:27 UTC 2003

Has anyone run into this?
"too many NACKS -- noisy keyboard"

On my recent install of Debian stable 3.0, I get this error message in
dmesg, and everytime I try to hit the sequence "ScrLck ScrLck" to switch
computers in my belkin omnicube kvm, that error message comes up on the
command line too.

I installed debian 3.0 using a different keyboard, now I'm using my m$ft
natural elite one at home, but the keyboard/etc hardware seems fine on all
my other systems... this one just seems picky?  And I've only got the
error now that I've come home with the system.  I'll check my cables
(again), but what could this be?  Is there any way to turn this message
off?  Does it come from the kernel?

any troubleshooting advice?

thanks, peace

 Brian Wiese | bwiese(at)cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru