[olug] OT: Local Colocation.

Christopher Cashell topher at zyp.org
Sat Sep 20 06:46:39 UTC 2003

At Sat, 20 Sep 03, Unidentified Flying Banana Daniel Pfile, said:
> There are at least 4 data centers in omaha that do colo. This question
> has been asked at least 15 times it seems like. Why does NOBODY put
> some upfront prices on their webpages? Putting a description of
> services and your prices on your website is something at least one
> company in town can do. I realize colocation can be complicated, but
> all most people want is some space and an ethernet drop.

I completely agree.

One of the most frustrating things about searching for a colo site is
that it's almost like pulling teeth, trying to get pricing information
out of some companies.

You don't need to list all the options and everything that's available.
As Daniel mentioned, if companies would just put a base price and a few
sentences describing the service and available options, most of us would
be really happy.

And I don't want to have to e-mail or call a sales associate to get
basic information.  I want to know these things *before* I actually talk
to someone.