[olug] linux streaming servers

Tim - DZ iceburn at dangerzone.com
Fri Sep 19 15:12:17 UTC 2003

It's pretty easy to set up...

http://www.shoutcast.com/

http://www.shoutcast.com/support/docs/

What is SHOUTcast?

SHOUTcast is a free-of-charge audio homesteading solution. It permits
anyone on the internet to broadcast audio from their PC to listeners
across the Internet or any other IP-based network (Office LANs, college
campuses, etc.).

SHOUTcast's underlying technology for audio delivery is MPEG Layer 3,
also known as MP3 technology. The SHOUTcast system can deliver audio in
a live situation, or can deliver audio on-demand for archived
broadcasts.

There are also a number of variants like icecast
(http://www.icecast.org/) floating around.

-t