[olug] Fw: OLUG.PHPCONSULTING.COM

OBrien, Timothy (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) IrishMASMS at olug.org
Thu Sep 18 16:24:14 UTC 2003

[snipped]
> Mailman supports mangling of email addresses in archive.  Olug uses
> Mailman.  So why doesn't the Olug list use that functionality?  IMHO,
> the idea of having a password-protected list is when the list is a
> private list.  Olug isn't private -- anyone can join.
>
> Another point -- I have three different passwords for OLUG:
>   o www.olug.org
> 	o users.olug.org
> 	o Olug mailing list.
>
> That seems excessive to me.  I know that security is important, but so
> is ease of use for users.   I mean, I have more passwords to remember
> for OLUG than I do for work!
[snipped]

These issues have already been brought to the attention of the OLUG Sys
Admin / El Prezedente. There was even a thread about the passwords issue
within the last month. You can check the archives for Brian's reply.

Not the answer many of us wanted either, but until Brian decides to stop
"having a life" (his own words) and spend some time on OLUG stuff the
issues will remain.

I would suggest emailing Brian (OLUG Sys Admin / El Prezedente) with your
concerns directly.

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Publicity & Social activities chairperson