[olug] network after XP install

Nate tbrownarcher at cox.net
Wed Sep 17 22:29:38 UTC 2003

I just installed XP over my 98 side of the disk.
In doing so I removed a network lan card and replaced it with another one.  I want to use that new one for the linux side too.  The new one works on the Windows XP side but linux is still recognizing the old one which I removed and not allowing me to change it.

When I went back into linux i had to upgrade with the (mandrake 9.1) disk in the cd.  When I reconfigured in the upgrade process It recognized the new lan card but when I boot into linux and try to get setup (using Mandrake Control Center) the only thing it recognizes is the Old card that is removed.  When I try to change that I'm not allowed to do so even though it seems to accept the new one ... What my fix for this????

thanks,
Nate