[olug] ssh vulnerability anounced today.

Phil Brutsche phil at brutsche.us
Wed Sep 17 02:04:53 UTC 2003

Jeff Hinrichs wrote:
> Even the VP of the company is starting to take real notice of the
> amount of time we are devoting to just the patching element of our
> security responsibilities.

I know this doesn't help the Office and Great Plains vulnerabilities,
but setting up the Software Update Server package from Microsoft makes a
BIG difference.

Tell it to automatically install updates that *you* approve of and all
your users need to do is reboot.

Unfortunately, Win2k/Win2k3 and ActiveDirectory are prerequisites.

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at brutsche.us
dammit, it's sad when a Linux geek is reduced to spouting Microsoft
solutions to Microsoft problems