[olug] Knopix/Debian

CM Miller cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 02:35:58 UTC 2003

--- Tom <huber28 at cox.net> wrote:

> Well Irv don't want to sound like a total dummy but
> did not find any gcc
> files in usr/bin or even with a file search.  That
> could probably the
> problem that it did not install.  But even if it was
> how do I create a new
> link ?  Is it a file or is there a program to run to
> do it.  Thanks

Tom-

I assumed that gcc was always installed with any
Linux.

Type the following:

root at Probot:~# whereis gcc
gcc: /usr/bin/gcc /usr/share/man/man1/gcc.1.gz

Or type

gcc -v

To see what version is installed.  BTW, I run Knoppix
off of my laptop.  Very happy with it.

-Chris

=====
"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley, CA.:

LSD and UNIX. I don't believe this to be a coincidence"

-Unknow