[olug] Knopix/Debian

Tom huber28 at cox.net
Wed Sep 17 00:29:14 UTC 2003

Well Irv don't want to sound like a total dummy but did not find any gcc
files in usr/bin or even with a file search.  That could probably the
problem that it did not install.  But even if it was how do I create a new
link ?  Is it a file or is there a program to run to do it.  Thanks

Tom

Knoppix installs gcc-3.2 and gcc-2.95 in /usr/bin and then links gcc to
gcc-3.2 (still in /usr/bin). You can delete or rename the gcc link and
create a new gcc link in /usr/bin that links to gcc-2.95. This has
worked for me, for instance with the nvidia drivers. I suggest that when
you're done compiling you switch the link back to pointing to gcc-3.2 so
your system is always in a known state.

Holler if this all isn't clear enough.

Irv