[olug] Gaming server for LAN party - suggestions?

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Fri Sep 12 23:13:23 UTC 2003

There are native Linux servers for
Unreal Tournament, Unreal Tournament Tactical Ops,
Half-life/Counterstrike, UT 2003, Savage, QuakeIII etc....

There are native clients for
Unreal Tournament, Unreal Tournament Tactical Ops, UT2003, QuakeIII

I have the servers running for
QuakeIII, Counterstrike, UT2003, UT

You could bring the server box to the store and copy off the
servers/scripts if you'd like......

> I am helping with the LAN party (http://www.micsfragfest.com/) out at
the base lake on October 4th. A good group of people, with some good
gaming to be had.

> I wanted to set up a UT (Unreal Tournament) server for the party, using
a dual P2 450 and Mandrake. Before I beat myself to death I figured I
would pose to the group if you had any suggestions or helpful hints.
This is my first time setting up something like this, so I am

> I only have the PC version of UT, so I guess I would use WINE to run the
server?

> Or, is there a better game I should be setting up a server for?
>
> Let those suggestions flow people! =)
>
> Oh, and if you want to help show your Linux pride & come down for some
good gaming with you Linux box I would appreciate the support. =)

--
Jay Swackhamer
Reboot The User