[olug] Gaming server for LAN party - suggestions?

OBrien, Timothy (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) IrishMASMS at olug.org
Fri Sep 12 21:17:32 UTC 2003

I am helping with the LAN party (http://www.micsfragfest.com/) out at the
base lake on October 4th. A good group of people, with some good gaming to
be had.

I wanted to set up a UT (Unreal Tournament) server for the party, using a
dual P2 450 and Mandrake. Before I beat myself to death I figured I would
pose to the group if you had any suggestions or helpful hints.  This is my
first time setting up something like this, so I am

I only have the PC version of UT, so I guess I would use WINE to run the
server?

Or, is there a better game I should be setting up a server for?

Let those suggestions flow people! =)

Oh, and if you want to help show your Linux pride & come down for some
good gaming with you Linux box I would appreciate the support. =)

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Publicity & Social activities chairperson