[olug] rpm Howto

nate tbrownarcher at cox.net
Fri Sep 12 06:53:33 UTC 2003

This is a sequence of commands and results after running the location sequence
you showed me Kent!

[root at localhost home]# updatedb
[root at localhost home]# $ locate BUILD
bash: $: command not found
[root at localhost home]# locate BUILD
/root/rpm/BUILD
/usr/share/doc/freetype2-devel-2.1.3/BUILD
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/BUILD
/usr/src/RPM/BUILD
[root at localhost home]#

I ran the-  mkdir-p ~/rpm/BUILD-  which should have put the directory into
/home.   Why did it put it in the /usr/src/RPM/BUILD  directory?????

Also you prefaced one command with # and another with $  Is this a different
shell that I have to be in ????? I did everything with the #.

thanks,
Nate