[olug] Clean Upgrade using RPMS?

Trent Melcher tmelcher at trilogytel.com
Wed Sep 10 21:32:16 UTC 2003

Sorry to hear your upgrade horror.  I have never gotten an upgrade to work
totally 100%.  There seems to always be issues that are not taken into
account when an upgrade is done.  I have only used the upgrade utility that
RedHat has when you boot from the install CDs.  THe upgrade itself always
goes smoothly, but the issues usually arise when trying to run applications
or customized software.

I find that a clean install of the latest and greatest version, then
modifying after that with your custom software/code works best.

Trent