[olug] Backup of Windows workstation(s) to Linux server...

Daniel G. Linder dlinder at iprevolution.net
Wed Sep 10 13:17:24 UTC 2003

Sam Tetherow [mailto:tetherow at nicusa.com]
> This may seem like a silly question, but wouldn't it be more cost
> effective/faster to get an external firewire/USB 2.0 HD
> enclosure and do backups to a hard drive?

Yup, that is what I am finding...  In a perfect world, I'd like to find
an empty 2.5" external Firewire/USB2.0 enclosure that *also* has an
internal battery pack and MP3/Ogg playback.  Then I could put in a 20GB
laptop HDD, use it for backups, plus also have it scan for my OGG/MP3's
and play them while I am out in the yard!

Anyone know of something like that?  The closest I have found are in the
$200+ range -- I'm looking for something that will be in the $100-$150
range with a 20GB HDD.

Dan