[olug] Backup of Windows workstation(s) to Linux server...

Miller, Scott L (Omaha Networks) scott.l.miller at hp.com
Tue Sep 9 23:00:29 UTC 2003

Or, grab a cheap older box, buy a USB 2.0 card and Fast Ethernet card,
and backup to the external drive over the network.  With harddrives as
cheep as they are, it no longer makes sense to me to attempt to backup
via tape, or cd or dvd (unless by law or somesuch you are required to
have 'permanant' backups, then cd/dvd make sense).  Buy a big external
HD or two or three..., and rotate them off site.  Should even be
practical for smallish companies...

-Scott