[olug] KVM switch help

Kenton Brede xyf at nixnotes.org
Mon Sep 8 15:36:20 UTC 2003

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 11:21:22PM -0500, Tom wrote:
> I had to abandon my system as the KVM switch would not play right with
> anything but 2000 and 98 on my PC's.
> I tried 95 and Linux to no avail and don't have room for second monitor and
> keyboard.  Does anybody have any idea on a work around?  as I would really
> like to learn more on Linux and possible switch more over to it.   Any help
> or advise would be appreciated.

Just received this so I'm a little behind but you could try -
http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/doc-user.html

Alternatively you could buy a better KVM switch.  I've had good luck
with Belkin Omni View.

You could also install both OSs on your drive(s) and dual boot or run a
disto such as Knoppix off CDROM.
Kent

--
"I am always doing that which I can not do,
   in order that I may learn how to do it." --Pablo Picasso