[olug] FreeBSD 4.9 code freeze, release 9/25/03

OBrien, Timothy (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) IrishMASMS at olug.org
Wed Sep 3 03:56:08 UTC 2003

[snipped]
> I will take this time to stop lurking on this list. I have been lurking
> here for a few weeks now determining the Linux/BSD ratio and
> welcome-factor. I am a FreeBSD user/committer, and I am here in Omaha
> currently attending Creighton University. I used to use Linux, but
> several years ago switched to FreeBSD. But enough about me and more
> about FreeBSD!
[snipped]

Well, big welcome & un-lurking Sean - even though you are a Creightonian!
;) wink-wink

Too bad you missed a great meeting tonight!

Linux/BSD ratio: not too much BSD, but is getting bigger. Hope to have a
BSD Install fest in the near future

Welcome-factor: large & warm. The LUG is a superb group of guys & gals. We
welcome any users of any *nix based OS or Open Source software. Hell, we
even have a few Macintosh X users in the LUG!

Creightonians in OLUG: Not that many that I know of; around 6 or so.
Perhaps you could help us get those numbers up?

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Publicity & Social activities chairperson