[olug] vim version (vim behavior)

Derek & Lisa lug at robotz.com
Tue Sep 2 19:47:21 UTC 2003

	Further strange behavior...
1) vim is reading .vimrc because the option 'set incsearch' is being activated
2) vim ignores the option 'set nocindent' and 'set compatible' in .vimrc
3) running vim with the -C switch does not work either
4) however, typing :set compatible or :set nocindent inside vim works
	Although it is one solution, I would like to avoid having to type that out
manually each time I invoke vim.  I wonder why the command line switch and
certain options in .vimrc are being ignored by vim on this one machine.
	It is also strange that some options in .vimrc are activated while others are
ignored.  vim seems to be extremely stubborn for some reason and only accept
the 'set nocindent' or 'set compatible' options from within the editor
itself.
	I would like to force those options at the command line or within the .vimrc

	The absence of a .vimrc file is supposed to make vim default to 'set
compatible' which it does on all of my other machines.