[olug] Securing the Mac OS X operating system

Daniel Pfile daniel at pfile.net
Thu Oct 30 22:56:07 UTC 2003

Apple released patches for 10.3 to fix problems that only exist in
10.3. The problems the guy from @stake is talking about are in 10.2
only. So:

2 different sets of bugs
2 different discovery dates for said bugs
1 patch out so far
1 bad reporter

Apple still puts out patches for OS 9, 10.0, and 10.1, I doubt they're
going to stop supporting 10.2 the day 10.3 comes out. The article is
pure fud, or pure stupidity. Either way, it's bad reporting.

-- Daniel