[olug] WiFi War Drive Contest in Sioux City

Ryan Stille rps at willconsult.com
Thu Oct 30 15:54:15 UTC 2003

Hey guys, our local Linux group in Sioux City is having a War Drive contest on November 8th.  You are all welcome to come.  We will pick teams and then drive around town trying to find wireless access points.  More details about the contest are at http://sclinux.org/wardrive.php.  There is a point scoring system, and we will have prizes for at least the top 3 scorers (bring a pickup if you plan on winning the grand prize).

Some of us are building antennas to use on the hunt.  We've purchased a quantity of antenna building parts and are selling them very cheaply as a kit to members.  Details on this are at http://sclinux.org/wifi.php

Hope to see you there.

-Ryan