[olug] US Army 'going to Linux' after OS switch for GI PDA

Sam Tetherow tetherow at nicusa.com
Tue Oct 28 17:16:04 UTC 2003

I understand the concern, but isn't that kinda like being concerned
about radio/cell communications going out and our troops not knowing how
to talk to each other via heliglyphs using mirrors? :)  They way the
military operates I doubt they will be indespensible tools until well
after the field viability has been proven.

hmm, power-assist exoskeletons in R&D won't be that much longer and my
hours spent playing mechwarrier might come in useful again ;)